The moments after an automobile accident can be a confusing and stressful time.
Above are some tips for what you should do and what you should not do if you're in an accident.
If you have suffered a personal injury as the result of the negligence of a driver, you may have a claim for reimbursement of your medical bills, lost time from work, and/or compensation for pain, suffering, and disability.
Contact an experienced personal injury attorney if you have suffered a
personal injury as a result of someone's negligence.
What To Do if You've Been In a Car Accident
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM:
1. Promptly seek medical attention, and then follow all advice and instruction of medical providers.
2. Take photos of your injuries.
3. Take photos of the vehicles involved in the accident.
4. Take photos of the scene of the accident.
5. Notify your automobile insurance company immediately.
6. Save all medical bills and receipts.
7. Seek the advice and representation of an attorney who has expertise in this area.
WHAT NOT TO DO IN CASE OF A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM:
1. Don't give a recorded statement to an insurance company.
2. Don't accept a settlement from an insurance company without first contacting an experienced attorney.
3. Don't delay seeking and receiving medical treatment.
4. Don't discard any papers, photographs or videos of the accident or of your injuries.
5. Don't sign anything, waive any rights, or admit to any responsibility.
100 N Riverside Plaza, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60606
Chicago South Suburbs
7725 W 159th Street
Tinley Park, IL 60477
500 Church Street, Suite 220
Nashville, TN 37219
The Vrdolyak Law Group is a full-service law firm that serves the greater Chicago area and Nashville.
We have recovered over $9 Billion through representation and consulting for our clients.
We are champions that have been fighting to WIN for YOU for 50 years.